Peace out!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eraser, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

Best of luck to all, I hope your experience is better in this community than mine.

No, Im not quitting my ZS game, but as far as thees forums go, You wont be hearing from me, as I see them as a waste of my time, and un-needed stress on my keyboard.

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This is simply not true however I will agree that we can do a better job at responding to ideas that are generated by the community. But to say that our community is not valued is just not the case.

I will leave it at that and hope that our actions in the near future will better address some community ideas and feedback.

3. I try to always be objective and S.S. has a point. We feel how we feel regardless if it is correct or not. Actions, not words. Negative feedback sucks but at least you are getting feedback.

4. Yup... you want to keep people playing.... not bore them to death?

Pretty much the only reason I log in every day, because [HM] ruule :p

Yeah, I find this actually pitiful... you need a gamer in the community to know your own game.
    I play ZS on two platforms, the gameplay on both is very different...
    Devs who don't play thier own game ?
    Really???

Please listen to your gaming community?
    We play... you don't?

5. Eraser

Eraser Member

I have no objections there SS0, I fell like the players are being ignored here. Kano wants us to think that our opinions are valued, but standing back, and looking behind us. What I see is mostly ignored feedback.

I give Wonderbread all the credit in the world, He is so attentive, He shows up in the threads, and Im very confident, that because he does what he does, Our ideas and feedback are presented to the man behind the curtain but the great and powerful oz has his own idea of what this game is/will be.

6. slave

slave Member

wait....i thought i was the great and powerful oz?????

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I understand the frustration of the forums, but to be fair...Kano did state as far as "ideas" go they would only be implementing ones that went along with what they already had in mind.

This coupled with the facts that that forums lack consistency due to the vague TOU, Code of conduct and moderators who are bias due to them being players as well (not a slam....just human nature). The forums are suppose to be a place players can submit ideas or have open discussions.....to often they are edited , deleted or closed for a myriad of reasons that seem to have no rhyme or reason. I am of the opinion that discussion on a particular topic will often time need to deviate a bit in that it is related in some way. Far to often players get upset or Mods start moderating because they think they're thread is being derailed, The fact that some one doesnt agree with your idea and chooses to explain why is not derailing a thread. Far to often members just dont see the big picture and that their seeming innocent/easy idea can have far reaching negative effects further down the line. Someone explaining this or pointing these things out is a good thing and a healthy part of a discussion that might very well lead to more understanding or a better idea. We want whats best for the games do we not? Personally....when I propose an idea I want members to critique it and send it through the shredder to see if it holds up. A player simply saying they hate the idea and offering nothing as to why doesnt do any good and simply just looks like sour grapes and deserves no consideration. Ghost voting is ridiculous and should not be allowed...it does nothing posative in regard to a healthy discussion of an idea.

MOds need to back off at let discussions evolve. discussions get heated....so be it. Discussions of a single topic often times branch off into other areas ...so be it. Thats a necessary thing if its to be truly debated idea. The only time a mod should get involved is when a member offers up nothing that pertains to the discussion such as accusations and the like. If there is a single line of a paragraph that is in clear violation ...delete it....not the whole paragraph. If there is a bunch of posts that are in violation....delete them....do not close the thread. What important to one player may not mean anything to another...this makes it no less valid......to often threads are closed because mods dont see a need for it to be discussed....this is bias.

Its pretty obvious these forums can get pretty heated at times and things spiral out of control. What I find odd is that many of the heavily debated topics could be settled quite quickly if a Dev would step in and state clearly how, things are or what their intentions were. Not a mod...but a dev.....no disrespect but Ive found that the mods not to be all that knowledgeable about the games themselves and I simply dont respect what some have to say due there obvious bias and lack of consistency. I realize that Kano is a small Indie company with limited resources....but obviously they had the time to create another game while their forums are out of control and their current games are neglected. In games where players are out in front of the last world available by thousands of levels....its a bit frustrating for players such as myself to find out part of the reason is that Kano is off creating a new game with the resources that we as players of their existing games allowed them....Thanks Kano!

Interesting enough.....this understaffed Indie company has started a separate forum dedicated just to their new game, I cant imagine with limited resources and the extra time its going to take with their new game and forums that anything will be getting better here anytime soon....if ever.

8. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Guys, like Smack said, I absolutely agree that we need to do a better job of showing how we implement player-generated ideas, as well as doing a better job of organizing the ideas forum. The reason that nothing has been added to "accepted ideas" is because that system was set up by Deltan and I didn't think that it was particularly useful or accurate. What I want to move to is a "Ideas we will consider for implementation" and "Ideas that will likely never be implemented."
    Where we've run into issues is that effective communities need effective moderation, and we've had several groups of players not understand/outright resist what our Moderators are supposed to do. Once we get to a place where everyone in the community understands what/how to post, we'll be able to manage ideas more effectively, and the discussion on ideas will be much more beneficial for everyone.

9. Eraser

Eraser Member

@Polish.

Good to see you are back around. I was almost afraid you would not return. In your position. I probably wouldnt.

Yeah, Im used to good ideas left to rot and get pushed back 10 pages, but this new trend with "asked for" feedback being totally disregarded Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

See. The ZS faction competition thread. (still no fighting involved)

also, The less 300 bounties thread, which every single thing, on either side of players discussions and arguments where ignored. Yeah, some people supported it, but not a single one said it was actually, what they saw as the solution, they all suggested it be done another way.

The release of this new title, which is has a totally different appeal than the current titles was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Its almost like you could read my deleted post from that thread. I have zero faith left in the company.

Keep up the good fight man. Im exhausted of it.

10. slave

slave Member

you lasted longer than i would have lasted, kudos

11. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i like you breadman and think youre doing a hell of a job....that being said....less talk, more action. i keep seeing you and a couple others say yeah we agree we should be doing this and that and whatever, we dont really want to keep seeing that we're agreed with. actions speak way louder than anyones' words ever will