PC lag

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by greatM, Mar 31, 2015.

1. greatM

greatM Active Member

hi mi7ch just a heads up, over the last day or so PC has been hanging i thought it was my end but it seems that we are seeing it at the same time and its getting worse.;)

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The lag occurs every day at the same time? What time is this? (in your local time, I can figure out the conversion to PST :))

3. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

LCN has also been lagging the last few days, i just put it down to the API graph updates for FB but unsure so i made a thread in general discussions about it. I too noticed it lags the worst between 3pm and 5pm brisbane, australia time. (don't know the whole pst thing lol)

4. greatM

greatM Active Member

Hi m7ch i guess my wording could have been better what i meant by the same time was more that one of our team are getting the same issue at the same time rather than a specific time of day but i will keep an eye on the times when it happens to see if it is the same time of day :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I will leave word with our network team that you're experiencing some issues. Any more specific information you can dig up would help us narrow down any potential causes! :)

Also I need to ask if you've restarted your router recently? I was having some Internet problems at home last night and a old fashioned hard reset fixed it right up.

S E T H likes this.
  6. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I was experiencing a marked lag about 1/2 hour ago, but was still able to snag a bounty, buahaha. I closed out some opened tabs & it is better now.

7. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Will pay attention and let you know more about the lag problem, if symptoms persist. :p

8. greatM

greatM Active Member

Hi mi7ch could you confirm that im reaching the server when i do a cmd tracert using> http://armorgames.com/pirate-clan-game/15877 it returns the following IP address > [81.200.64.50]
    I assumed that the server was in the US but my hoop speed seem too good, I can post the tracert result if it helps. but it seem to show no problem at the server if i am in fact reaching it.

I know my PC is a bit of a dinosour but before playing kano i played a game that many had lag issues and i was able to overcome most and do much better than player with massively better set up.

here is my cmd ping >
    Ping statistics for 81.200.64.50:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 18ms, Maximum = 21ms, Average = 19ms
    I know once before that tracking /ping an address with the sever in the us it was not returning the actual tracking result, I even got my Internet provider to look at it and they had the same result and could not explain it.

what I am seeing is when I do an action in kano, my cpu usage goes from about 3% to around 80% I guess when I lag it is going up to 100% still starting at about 3%. I will look to monitor if that is why im lagging.

If there is any information I can check to help please let me know :)

PS I'm from the UK. Also regarding the time I have seen significant lag 2 times was within a similar time was 04:00 and 05:30 PST on different days, the other time was a few hrs later. But I guess without more info the time many not be relevant;)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll have to double-check that but I think that's correct.

Hmm that's interesting and would most likely account for any latency you've been seeing as CPU usage is not affected by slow Internet connections. Older CPUs will definitely have trouble rendering media-rich sites.

10. greatM

greatM Active Member

hi mi7ch the game has been good for latency lately, my system / set-up is a bit sensitive to issues so I only post when I'm noticing issues that are noticeably beyond anything relating to my set up :) as I realise that my system will be prone to many subtle effects from my, hardware, internet connect speed and operating system. So only post when i see issues beyond that. I need to bite the bullet and build a new one, but this dinosaur has done me proud for 12.5 years :)

11. Chasity

greatM, it isn't your "dinosaur" this time! Everybody is having issues. I think Kano is tweaking something, as world, job & group chats are messing up big time.

greatM likes this.
  12. greatM

greatM Active Member

i guess im going to have to hijack my own tread to say "thanks" for sorting out the issue of sending pm links without needing to convert them :) as i cant find which tread we discussed this on :(

Chasity likes this.
  13. Chasity

greatM likes this.