[ZS] option to block messages from people not squadded

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by muppetkiller, Mar 13, 2012.

1. muppetkiller

muppetkiller Member

id like to see an option where you can remove the option for people to send messages rather then just block the odd person, yes i know you can ignore add me's and such like, but i know i dont want to keep having to empty unwanted messages all the time

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

you mean in the game?? I know in PC you can block messages from people , look where it says reply there should be an option to block messages from the person

3. muppetkiller

muppetkiller Member

sorry yes in game but id like to be able to just turn it off altogether

4. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

No he means block everyone from being able to send messages. So he doesn't get any at all.

Maybe on the public tab there could be a "block all" feature.

5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

He is talking about the way they did world chat give you the option of burying it close so you won't see or get anything.

6. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

in games are a good way of communicating with others
    this is why there are many phrases to use to send to the opponent
    but would it be beneficial to turn it off all together
    lets have more input from others

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

sounds like Muppetkiller is not talking about PC, in PC and Vc I have no problem, in fact in VC I am getting alot of crew request thru the game and they are sorely needed :)

8. muppetkiller

muppetkiller Member

hi linda im talking bout zombie slayers, i dont have any problems from other slayers i just like my privacy and would just like to have the option where i can turn it on or off

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

well hope you can get that option :) I am an open book lol

10. I don't see any reason why not.

I don't think I'd ever use it though, I have a few friends who send me their boss links as a message, saving me the trouble of searching for it.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If anything,disable messages from non clan members.

12. Maler

Maler Member

i for one don't like it. 1 star.

DoNRaDu likes this.
  13. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Can you give a little more info as to why you don't like it?

14. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

This is what he is asking for. Block messages from the "Public". I don't believe he is asking to block messages from squad members.

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

if it is an option that is one thing, but I would not use it, I help people who need clan , by them sending me messages within the game, for PC and VC or even ZS which i just started dabbling in, so I have an idea what the game is like.

16. Lady Jewels

Lady Jewels Member

I believe there is being opened for debate for a personal setting for the ability to block your own mailbox. It would not effect everyone else. No need to dislike it for yourself. Keep an open mind. It would be an option that if I personally got tired of all the incoming mail that I do not want, and I do not use my mailbox, I can simply turn it off. I know that I do most of my communication through guild chat thus making my mailbox a pain to sift through all the unwanted mail. I myself do not add new people unless there is a reason for me to add them, so all that mail is unsolicited. So an option for those who chose to block their mailbox would be a personal preference. There are so many in game things to do now, the mailbox can be an unwanted pain at times.

17. DoNRaDu

DoNRaDu Member

oh come on, its a SOCIAL game on a SOCIAL network. SOCIAL is the key word here...

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

LOL yes but I know someone, my first mate, is so anti social it is not even funny, lol and yet he is on FB playing games :_

19. Eraser

Eraser Member

Id like to ask... Why??

Why would you want to block the entirety of all the game not squaded with you from sending you messeges?

Is that not how you built up your squad in the first place?

If you have a problem with a handful of people just sending you tons of stupid taunts... just block them individually, its already there, you can block them!