[All] Limit characters in game names.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Alice Prospero, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

How about you limit the number of characters a player can use in their game name so it wont screw up the interface and move the attack button?

2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I must say that I've never seen this, but that may be because I'm still using the original attack interface.

3. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

well, Idea is good, but when someone pays 10GF for a ridiculous name change last thing they might want to see is a limit, but I like the idea. I would stay neutral, because there are many things to improve in the game. unless long character names are really irritating. but who bothers about the game name, when you already know most of the active player by name. ;)

4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i dont see a reason to limit something especially since we have to pay to rename ourselfs and as stated previously dont see a reason to it.

also never had this problem myself on either the new or old battle interface so if you could post a pic of the problem that would be great lol

Chasity likes this.
  5. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Enough things are "limited" in the game: gifts given each day, #of inner circle one can have, # of times one can help others in adventures. Do we really need another squelching of freedom in our game play?

Kirsten and Orez like this.
  6. Orez

Orez Active Member

I don't really pay much though to the names of people I want to attack. if I really need to attack them I will do so no matter where the attack button is. :)

Chasity likes this.
  7. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

Character name length has never been a negative impact on my game playing. I have to agree with others that if you pay for the name change knock yourself out and be as creative & long as you want.

Kirsten and Chasity like this.
  8. Alice Prospero

The long names screw up the interface. There are a few players with long names like that. One is called "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" I'm sure he could live with a few less X's even if he payed 10 UN for that marvelous name. It's obvious to me he named himself just to screw up the interface. I'll post a picture if i find him. Or someone else with a long name like that.

9. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

so you're having a problem with that player? anyway I disagree with you on that, as he has done it because he can. it will be easy for you to go back to old fight interface, you can change it on settings. and I bet, you have so many other players in your fight list you can find short names. lol ;)

10. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

once we see a pic of the problem then kano probably can fix it with ease (have character limit per line then rest move down to next line to avoid changes to interface) but without a pic you are fighting a losing battle for nobody else is having the problem

11. Alice Prospero

Lol. No, I don't have a problem with that player. Far from it. I just dislike that the interface is bugged. There have been other players with long names too but I forget their names. This one, for obvious reasons, I remember...
    This is a bug/problem/whatever you choose to call it. It's like buying a new car and finding a scratch in the paint job. It doesn't affect performance but it's not supposed to be there.

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i just think they should fix it so that the attack link doesnt move at all, cut the long name off if need be

13. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

as far as i know, attack link in the fight list doesn't move, they can just show a limited character of the name visible while rest is not visible. like as in SW, since the menu is long some players names stop by after certain characters.

lets say for an example my name is: Damon Salvatore and if its too long in fight list or anywhere, they can show it as below

Mobster 1.............................ATTACK
    Mobster 2.............................ATTACK
    Damon Salv..........................ATTACK
    Mobster 3.............................ATTACK

neither I get banned my name nor harm to others or the list

14. Alice Prospero

Don't know about the attack link in Mobsters. I do'nt play it. But the attack button in ZS moves to the side if the game name it too long. A solution would be to cut off the visible part when attacking. Yes, thats a good idea.

15. Alice Prospero

I now have this sweet screen shot of the problem. Is there no way to attach a pic? only link it in from a third part?

16. Cisco

Cisco Member

I never notice this as a problem.

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

good point, unless the name is something nasty or sexual in a vile way, or racist or anything like that, I have no problem

why not send a ticket to support and see if they can shorten it a bit, don't really think as an I idea this warrants a change for one players name

18. Alice Prospero

19. Alice Prospero

that is what i'm talking about. Not limiting peoples game. I'm talking about fixing a damn bug.

20. Alice Prospero

You never actually read the thread did you? I'm not talking about limit your freedom. I'm talking about fixing a bug in the interface.