[KanoPlay] KP chat filter...

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Survival Streak 0, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

The filter on kp is sooo annoying, you can't even use some words that are in the game like boobytrap..cause it contains the word boob, I thought this game was for adults?

All these words censored, over a little word like ass, which most people hear/read on a daily basis.

The problem isn't just the censoring, it's the getting timed out of chat for unknowingly using one of these words.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

3. Survival Streak 0

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. Survival Streak 0

Thought I'd bump this....if we can't use these words in chat...then they shouldn't be allowed in people names, getting tired of being timed out for posting player names in chat

Edit: it's still never been clarified how long we're timed out for I've been seeing
    for over 10 minutes now, all I did was post a name..which had "Damned" in it :mad:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  5. Survival Streak 0

bump again...lol i just got timed out on armor for posting a link to a person with "Titty" in their name lol

6. Survival Streak 0

BUMP AGAIN...there's certain people's links that cannot be posted into chat...because of their name.

There's a dude on facebook with "damn" in his name if you try to post his link in the game chat you see this
    this is from posting the link to his profile...not from posting his name

This game is supposed to be for adults, yet you ban silly little harmless words like damn, ass and titty from chat, but allow them in names.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Don't forget SSO saying pussy is legit fagot(which is a piece of wood) isn't in WC

Capture1.PNG

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I don't think I've ever heard anyone use "faggot" as anything other than a pejorative...except for Martin Prince.

[​IMG]

9. Survival Streak 0

Just gloss over the genuine issues why don't you... if certain words are allowed in names, why aren't we able to say them in chat, or even post the link to their profile?

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hardly glossing over the issue, we're aware of the limitations of the chat filter and I'm meeting with the chat guy to go over it.

Seems like I still haven't learned my lesson about making jokes on a video game forum.

11. Survival Streak 0

Faggots are a type of chopped liver here in the UK.

Faggot facts
    • Faggots were called "savoury ducks" in the Middle Ages
    • Faggots were named after the Latin word for bundle
    • Faggots were originally made with pig's liver and offal
    • Faggots are now made from pork liver and pork
    [​IMG]
    Dude, jokes are fine... but that message was Kano's first acknowledgement of the thread (that's been live almost 2 months)

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I think the scenarios in which people would be talking about the nutritional value of pork faggots is quite limited.

Anyways, you'll be happy to know that I went over the filter with the chat guy and cleared out some of the tamer words as well as adjusted the amount of time someone is barred from posting to the chat.

I apologize for not officially acknowledging this thread earlier, but it's been something we've been trying to make better as we launch new chat systems. We wanted them all out in the wild before we started making sweeping changes.

13. Survival Streak 0

people are still getting barred for posting profile links

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll get the chat guy to look at it. If you'd send me those links via PM I can pass them along to him, make his job easier. :)

15. Survival Streak 0

tried telling someone how to do something on their computer, got muted for saying alt...y'all not have that key on your keyboards over there? :-/

16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Happened to me on Pirates a few days ago. I tried to post a boss link, and I was instantly banned by the system. It seems as if you cannot post any links (boss, profile, etc.) to KP2 chat for some reason or your chat privileges are revoked indefinitely.

17. Survival Streak 0

also tried to tell someone to "hold on, computers freezing due to script error on the page" apparently script is an obscenity now too

AlterEgoT likes this.
  18. Survival Streak 0

lol just found out you can't say nerd....lol

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Seriously? I just went and tested out whether or not you could say "nerd" and it didn't censor me.

20. Survival Streak 0

seems to be working for me now too lol atleast in the faction part...not trying it in world chat again though :p

Edit: i should mention that this was on armor...not kp, im just using this thread for all general chat complaints lol