Facebook Group Chats

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Midnight Special, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Okay so now that Facebook has disabled group chats WTH are we gonna do?
    I see this hurting Facebook gaming as a whole. Group chats keep people involved and engaged with the other players of their chosen game.
    Its virtually impossible to hunt and chat using a 3erd party chat like xat. Yahoo group chats could possibly work idk but we need to come up with something as a community or else our communications are going to suffer drastically.
    Please post your thoughts and ideas.

Kano you may need to step in on this one before it bites us all in the rear

2. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

There are plenty of other alternatives. Skype is a good one.

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I for one am in ALOT of groups but rarely use the chat part of it, but I am sure people will find an alternative way to hunt :p anyway maybe FB will bring it back, I cannot find anything on this issue on google, but maybe bounty hunters will just have to wait for a bounty to show in the game, without friends setting up players , a novel idea :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  4. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

When someone wants to put a bounty up for me they send an in game message say "reply yes and go hunt" . It works just fine lol

I don't see this as a Kano issue. The games worked fine before FB let us group chat and they will work fine without it.

Besides, Kano have already given us a group chat feature. It's called your faction wall.

5. Eraser

Eraser Member

Its not a kano issue... but it is a danger... Game gets boring without the group chats...

Im having issues patching everyone back together in XAT... seems facebook players are just not acclimated to the ways of using chat not attached to facebook.

Ill be posting a screenshot how i do it.

by the way, this should be a general discussions not an idea.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  6. Eraser

Eraser Member

[​IMG]

Tricky huh? :) Myspace players already know whats up.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  7. I posted in "Ideas" because thats what I was looking for, Ideas, but I get what you're saying.
    The faction feed isn't a live chat but thanks for your your input.
    Chat isn't used solely for the purpose of passing bounties back in forth, mater of fact thats probably the least of what I see it used for.
    No worries... I just thought others would want an outlet to post and read ideas on how we will deal with this as a community. I'll find another option for my group ;)

8. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

I think that a public discussion on finding alternatives for Group chat is an excellent idea. I've moved this thread to General Discussion as the ideas section is one proposed ideas, and not necessarily for multiple ideas about a subject (although I can certainly understand the confusion.)
    It is worth noting that there is still chat available for smaller groups, which might be helpful for Factions or other smallish groups.

9. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

On world chat you can send messages to faction only...for free ;)

10. Facebook has fix the issue. (to some degree)
    You can now chat with your groups again but you have to load the chat in a different way. You now have the option to select who gets your chat messages, you can select specific group members or click the "select all" box.

11. zs fb.JPG

Group Chat Option

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

13. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am not seeing the word"" Message"" and not sure if this is for groups or just email chats,either way, I don't miss it, hated when it would always pop up, so most of the time I had it off,now I can leave it on and get messages easier :)

ok saw the word Message on one group I am in that has 5 people , but all my other groups have over 100 people and those will no longer support the chat .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  14. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Seriously it's not the end of the world. If you were a gamer before the group chats and knew how to play then your fine. If you were a gamer after the group chats came out and used them to bully and taunt players then your probably going to get screwed since you lost your life line of bully support easier now you have to message.

15. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Couldn't have said it better, Jon.

16. Can chats not simply be used to communicate with other online entities?

OMG!!! People actually enjoy live chatting with each other about similar interest, and they enjoy doing so even though they are already knowledgeable in that interest??? WHAT??? NO WAY!!!
    I just can not believe that some people would actually play a SOCIAL Network App because they enjoy being SOCIAL.

Pfffft...
    All sarcasm intended

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Agreed :)

18. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am in alot of groups that exchange info , bosses,, who needs help, who to tie to a post and we all have alot of fun and laughs in all of them. one group has over 200 members so a chat was not even available, the boss groups all have close to 100 members but loss of the chat has not caused any problems there, socializing does not seem to have diminished, granted alot of these groups are for PC and we do not have the wars, thank god we have enough drama already lol