Chieftain Boss Battles-Collect Reward

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by GoddessFreyja, Jun 3, 2015.

1. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

Not sure if this has been discussed before but can the requirement that someone collect their rewards within 2 days after a boss has been killed be eliminated? If someone helps on a boss and does the required damage to collect a reward, I don't think they should lose it just because they don't collect it within 2 days. There are players that don't play every day or maybe they simply forgot to check to see which bosses were killed. Losing out on their reward because of a short 2 day time frame in which to collect seems unfair. In my opinion, if you do the damage required to collect a reward, you should be able to collect it at anytime; it shouldn't expire after 2 days and you lose out completely.

Justin the killer likes this.
  2. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i think this is a great idea! sometimes, i don't collect them right away because i want to participate in the player's next boss when it's posted. and the feeds are so crazy, you won't always see every boss posting for those players that you wish to help out. if the collection time limit can't be eliminated, maybe it can be extended? to say, 3 or 4 days instead of 2?

GoddessFreyja likes this.
  3. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

a big fat yes from me.

4. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I agree! Two days to collect is not much. Some days I get distracted with whatever event might be going on such as raids, and I forget to collect on bosses. 4 days to collect would seem more reasonable.

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Please implement this.

6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

this is something kano should check into about this an put it down as records :)

7. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Just a thought - why do we have to collect it at all when a boss is dead? Would it not be feasible that it just auto collects and adds to you once the boss is dead? Maybe Ive missed a downside to doing that, or a way it would be abused, but I cant think of one off hand?

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I can think of at least 2 or 3 reasons off the top of my head why autocollection is NOT a good idea. If this is implemented, it will not stop me from playing. But I would much prefer for autocollection not to be implemented.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No auto collect , no thank you

10. Vic

Vic Active Member

i say no to autocollect, but it would be nice to have a little longer than 2 days to collect the rewards.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i agree that the collection time frame should be extended past 2 days.

12. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i say make the collection time frame longer as well. which means that it's probably not going to happen. you know, because of alt abuse or something.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll inquire with the developers about this today. :)

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So I asked the developers about this and this would be a more significant change than it would appear at first glance. There are some intricate systems tied into this process which makes it more difficult. That's not a "no", per-se, but it will definitely take a bit of time for us to dig into. :)

15. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

that's okay. we're still waiting on the gift sends, so we can wait on this, too. 3 or 4 years should be enough time, no?