change boss damage back

Discussion in 'Rejected Ideas' started by The Protector, Apr 30, 2012.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

If the owner of a boss wants to give the boss away without attacking it,then they should be able to as it's their boss.If the "kill" is the issue here,then just have it so if the owner has someone kill it,without hitting it at all,the owner just doesn't receive the kill.This is like someone cooking and they don't want any of it,this is like saying they have to have a little bit of what they cooked,even if they don't like it,as they had cooked it for someone else.This is pretty much what you've done with the bosses.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Anyone?Hello.

3. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I am yet to speak to someone who likes this change. Voted 10!

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree,,,,lousy update that has only hurt the game. 10 stars

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Anyone else going to vote?

6. Deltan

Deltan Member

The change originated out of abuse seen in game related to boss sharing, alts, etc..

7. polishpimp

That may be the case...but I see more and more threads/post that r not liking the update. I also went back and looked at some of the posts that were in favor of this update and it was really only a hand full of players....most of which who happens to be battle levelers and anti boss leveling. In the end....its the players boss and they should be able to do with it as they wish. I dont see this update having its desired effect...rather ....just an inconvenience to most and has even cut down on the number of bosses available which I would think would cut down on the amount of time some people play. Perhaps with Kanos new emphasis on tracking down and eliminating alts.....this will become less of an issue and we can reverse the update?

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I feel the change was for the good, sometimes someone can forget or mess up the slider and lose their boss from a boss hog, so this insures the owner at least can get the min, and as far as abuse, I can see it, also people feeding their bosses to higher levels to buy protection of said players lol, as well as benefiting a player who is not even aware of the advantage of the reward from their own boss

9. polishpimp

People "forgetting or messing up" happens in every aspect of the games and life. Its one of things that separates us from one another and allows those that are a bit more careful or diligent to distance themselves from the pack as it should.....if that logic was applied in other aspects of life....wheres the accountability for our own actions or lack there of?

As far as the abuses.....How much of a diff does it really make if someone does the minimum and still feeds it to another player? What does it matter if I want to feed my boss to someone else regardless of my reasons....Its my boss isnt it? If someone is feeding bosses to another for protection.....Im thinking...GOOD IDEA if they actually need it, A big part of these games is in its alliances and relationships with others. If Using your bosses as a tool to help your account is bad...then I could think of a whole lot of other things that need to be addressed as well ...such as Bounty transfers, being able to offer bosses to just guild/armada members, the "ask for help tab", etc etc . I think the old saying "its not just what u know but who u know" applies to these games as well as life.

In regards to players not being "aware"......Im not sure others should b restricted or penalized because someone else hasnt taken the time to learn the entire game or stay informed about the latest updates...once again for those that do its an earned advantage due to their diligence. Sure.....there may be some extreme lower leveled players that dont have a clue yet....but what better way to learn? Personally ....I agree with very few of the limits or protections set in place for the lowest of levels as I think it gives them a false impression of what the game is really like and they become disenchanted once the limits and protections are lifted and they realize the game is nothing like what they had come to know. I hear all the time that lower levels simply dont know that they should be doing this or not doing that....using that logic...they probably dont know they are being protected until they arent...lol. In the end....there is no substitute for experience and/or trial n error. Most people eventually figure out that they shouldnt stick their head in an oven after the first couple of times, if they dont...perhaps we should just let them do it....lol

In the end Linda...Im of the mindset that people need to figure things out for themselves. If we continue to hold and carry a child until adulthood...will they ever have learned to walk on their own? Some limits and protections are needed for the very lowest of level....but when is enough enough before we start actually hindering their growth? Apparently Kano has got some new thing that promises to curb alt use....should we not let that play out and do its job while allowing the legit players to have free reign to do as they see fit with their own accounts?

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yes and No :) the quick answer, back to work :p

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

How exactly will this prevent or detour alt usage?If anything,this would promote the use of alts.

12. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

one star. blech! too much abuse of this. the change was a good one, IMO

13. The Protector

The Protector Banned

PLEASE answer how this can be abused?Don't even say alt usage,this change is only promoting the use for alts.It is OUR bosses,we should control it,not YOU Kano.Always fixing something that ain't broke.

14. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Nice to see Kano making updates that ends up making these less of social games,and more of a get it done yourself.

15. bethranderson

bethranderson Member

i agree .. 10 stars here also.... that's interesting KENDALL (page 5 remarks) i guess there is going to be alot less bosses out their if you require min. damage by the owner. i have pretty much quit putting my bosses out already except for the new ones i get. maybe the next chance you can do is make everyone that hits a boss do min. if a person doesn't hit for min.damage they don't get anything NO EXP> you could make it like they only hit the boss 1 time. let's see how fast vikings will fall

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  16. alka

alka Banned

I can't decide either way on this one.
    I don't see alts having any effect on this change, so I don't understand why this is a priority over more burning issues such as moving buttons that are stacked on top of buttons (attack).
    I don't see the hardship in a player using a few stam to start their boss off.
    I can't see how this change effects most players, or who the players are that benefit from said change.
    I would like to hear what the benefits are to a player giving the whole boss away as a posed to doing the minimum damage.
    I would like to hear from players the disadvantages to moving it back to the way it was, excluding the ridiculous claim it 's to prevent alts benefiting.
    Even once all the arguments are heard I would be unhappy to see Kano wasting time or money changing it back before the major issues that effect everyone are sorted out!

17. Bubba

Bubba Member

So if we are going to make the boss owner do damage to their own boss, then lets get rid of the leaderboard for bosses killed. How can a lower level possibly add to their total quickly enough to be given the chance to be on that leaderboard in the future? They do not have enough stamina to do the min damage on all their bosses and do everything else that is required for GPs.
    The other issue is that does making a player get the min damage on a boss before sending it to their alt account really deter that behavior? Does it really punish the alt account for missing out on the min damage?
    How much XP per stam can one possibly achieve from boss fights (include all bonus Xp)? I have only seen an average around 60 XP per stam used, unless I use just one stam and the bosses helped have been minimal in the 24hr period. That is when I see the best XP per stam, but that is only using one stam per boss. This is not the World Boss, just the Co Op Boss. At the same time, I can easily get double the XP from an undead battle. I would rather use my stam on undead than boss battles.
    What if you have clan that need the XP from killing a boss and you don't have the stamina to kill it? With these rules, you can't have your boss killed even if all unlocks were met, just because you don't have the stamina to get the min damage.
    If this change is all about alt accounts, then track who is killing the boss. If you find one player is constantly killing another player's boss then you can see who has the alt account. Or, hire someone that can detect the IP address of those players to see if those two accounts are using the same IP. Then punish those two players, not the entire community.

18. The Protector

The Protector Banned

So,you can feed a boss to two players,but not just 1 player?Isn't this just promoting alt usage?Not being able to get full benefits from the boss would only cause at least 1 other alt to be created.This promotes alt usage,it doesn't slow or discourage.

19. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Next thing you know..the owner is going to have to get the min damage even if they don't have the capability.

20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

a boss owner does not have to kill it if they do not want but they just need to do the min, otherwise they are not gonna get the reward, and only an uniformed boss owner would not see that it is to their advantage to do the min and get the reward, duh