Boss battles = health or attack/defense?

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by pineappledog, Nov 13, 2011.

1. pineappledog

pineappledog Member

Hi all

I browsed the forum but couldn't find exactly the information I was looking for on boss battles.

I am currently 240 and have 250atk 150def 3.5k health and 165 stam, max mob, 61 hg's

I am planning to try and level my character from boss battles (and a little on fight list when none open) and I was wondering if any one else levels like this and what would be the optimal setup?

Obviously I am going to need a lot of stamina but I was wondering what is going to be optimal for other skill points?

Thanks in advance :)

2. for bosses pay attention

stamina first of all

HEALTH for the life of you

you can have all the attack but with no health you wont be dealing much damage

defense only slightly minimizes damage you take

alot of boss blasters(not all but alot)are low defense

but boss blasters will have the health

without it your nothing

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

cant argue that, stam health and attack ....in that order

4. pineappledog

pineappledog Member

Thanks for the replies, so at current with 3.5k health, 165 stam and 260 attack, where would you advise the next 200 stat points go? All in stam or a mix of stam and health?

5. a general rule is that stam should be at least your level(so level 265 ya should have at least 265 stam)or even higher

health as a general rule you should have like 10x your level(but this usually doesnt happen for everyone and they seem to still blast bosses just fine)

or you can pull what Pimp does and hoard the points and save em for a rainy day

you dont actually have to use up the points every time you level or get them

you can save them up and use them as needed

6. pineappledog

pineappledog Member

ty for reply, I think I will go with that, get stam to my lvl and health to 10x then save points up for as needed :)

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

At this point If I were u I would go with stamina. What Ive always done at the lower levels and for as long as i can is create a "loop". Basically getting enough stamina to where u can level at the VERY LEAST 10 times per stam refill....which allows u to play non stop for free. At your level it can very easy to exceed ten levels per refill....which is important because u also want to be able to get your chieftains. Its important to make a loop and take advantage of it as soon and as long as u can because at diff level intervals the xp u will need to level jumps significantly making a loop much more difficult if not impossible.

Its also VERY IMPORTANT to take advantage of every bit of energy, helps etc etc....never leave any xp on the table!

Since u will be focusing on bosses....try to add everyone...even your rivals...the more clan u have the more bosses u have available, this will allow u to be a bit more picky as far as which bosses u want to kill for the best XP. It also allows u to have much fewer players attacking u while u try to level and u wont need to focus as much on att or def.

Hope this helps...GOOD LUCK!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  8. pineappledog

pineappledog Member

Ty for the input polish, I am currently a long way off getting 10 levels per refill, I have put every points since i started this thread in stam, upto 190 but my problem is i kill my current bosses too easily (I played when LCN first came out before there were bosses and got to lvl 200, now I started again at this level and killing the low lvl ones very easily then sat waiting for them to regen.

I have been doing all my assists on jobs/challenges and turf wars too, very good for levelling up :D

9. Ace

Ace Member

For bosses the thing is as it goes:

-High stamina will help you kill many bosses. It'll also grant you several of their regular drops.
    -High health will help you deal more damage to bosses, and you'll like to have it pretty high unless you want your bosses to expire.
    -Attack helps on dealing damage too, though it makes a somewhat smaller difference than health.
    -Defense is useless for boss hunting, since it's really hard to die on a boss unless your health is too low. I'm over level 700 and 1 def seems to be enough for attacking bosses. It reduces the damage, but if you don't die, there isn't too big a problem on taking a bit more damage, is there?
    -Energy is not used at bosses at all.

10. im drifting a little off topic but i would get energy at least high enough so you can your last job done 3x when leveling

thats what i did on another of the games and its working

back on topic now

yes defense is pretty useless against bosses

HEALTH is more important

take my viking for example

it has a pretty high defense for its level but at best below average health

i can die on bosses easily even with that high defense

11. pineappledog

pineappledog Member

Took everyones advice and since

I am currently 240 and have 250atk 150def 3.5k health and 165 stam

I now have lvl 300 with 250atk, 150def, 5.1k health and 315 stam

Its working well on bosses! I was now just wondering if anyone knows if HG's make any difference on bosses or better spending the FPs on stam refills?

12. the only thing used on bosses is your base atk,health and armed weapons

mob size is useless against them

however HG are helpful in normal battles

but if you wanna stay a pure boss leveler and dont care if you lose attacking or when attacked by someone

then throw to stam

13. Ace

Ace Member

What he said. If you don't care about anything but bosses, feel free to use your FPs on Stamina refills, otherwise, get HGs.