Bonus XP day

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vic, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Vic

Vic Active Member

i saw that kano used to give bonus xp on occasion. the idea is that you would get extra xp for bosses, challenges, jobs, etc. when you did them on a particular day, presumably as a pleasant surprise and a way to thank the player base for their support. are there any thoughts on this?

2. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

this was probably before monthly calendars, 3 day calendars, 5 days calendars, etc. i'm not necessarily against this. but this is probably why you won't see it.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We do have a similar idea in the planning stages that I want to get out before too long. It's not as widespread as that old double XP day, but it's similar. :)

George Burd likes this.
  4. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

Are you completely off your rocker? All these new players might level up too quickly then. Too many players have spent way to long only getting regular xp and now you want all these new people to get extra? No one needs this, the game has been fine without it for years!

J/K vic :p

I actually like your idea but, figured I would save the old guard the trouble of responding. Personally, I couldn't care less about getting the extra xp but, I'm sure many others would really like it and it would probably be a nice treat for them as well as a more active game play day.

5. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

that's funny. it's not like they can level up quickly with, say, raids or anything, lol. of course, i won't be mad about an opportunity to get a little extra xp, so i'm curious to see what kano comes up with.

6. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

The faster they level the faster they can be placed on the HL

Dale Barrie likes this.
  7. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

not to be stealing ideas from blizzard but I think special events are AWESOME they have double drop days, increased gold days, increased xp days, increased rare days.

8. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

this would be particularly good for vikings because the xp to level curve changes more than once as you move up.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    George Burd likes this.
  9. Dale Barrie

Dale Barrie Active Member

and the faster they get to a top tier in levels an meet us high attack players who will 40 them every day forever as they wont be ready for us. And the bonus xp will only go to new players any way so dont hold ya breathe anyone up over 3k

10. nigel brown

nigel brown New Member

there are some of us that welcome a good skirmish even with some of the ole heads...

Dale Barrie likes this.
  11. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

woohoo, that is great

Dale Barrie likes this.
  12. Jaegermeister

stay tuned! it looks like all of our wishes will be granted in 2019! 4 short years away!

13. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

is it along the lines of my double xp coin idea from way back when lol

http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/double-xp-coin.7924/

George Burd likes this.
  14. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

I can go for the double ex. I dont mind folks leveling fast need more people on my battle list :)

15. monica

monica New Member

Maybe there should be bonuses for people who play every day for say a month or 6 weeks or even have an increasing bonus that goes up the more days in a row that you play (ie. 90 day bonus, 180 day bonus, 240 day bonus).

16. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

I feel they should not make daily rewards reset either

17. Jaegermeister

what was the similar idea that was mentioned over 9 months ago? was it the bounty freeze events? or something else?

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes it was the Bounty events.

19. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

well I know this, one the first day of the month, you can help monthly calendar help as many times you can. the xp won't reduced lol. that sounds like a bonus xp day for me :D:D

20. Jaegermeister

so i can only participate by bountying players? i guess i'll never have much coin then. since i can't grab any of the bounties put up by others to try to get some back.