Arena starting times and dates

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

KANO - having a Battle arena on July 4? Really? That's almost as bad as the arena y'all had on Christmas Eve in 2013. Seems to me the least you could do is screw up Arbor Day also - everyone knows what Arbor Day is - that's when all the ships go sailing into the Arbor. Come now guys - doesn't anyone look at a calendar when deciding when the next arena will be?

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That's okay with me. I can deal with that, I have to work that weekend anyway. I just hope that there won't be any server errors like there were this morning on KP2, they were so bad I gave up playing until later on tonight.

3. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

fielding you have to remember that kano is canadian . they mad we left the empire . lol .

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Speaking of, our holiday - Canada Day - is July 1st, which is a Tuesday this year. Also we're part of the Commonwealth now, kind of a club for ex-British colonies that waited politely for our independence.

Anyways to address the actual topic of this thread, I suppose this is poor timing. I could ask to get it changed however that would throw the whole schedule for the rest of forever out of whack.

5. should also take a real good look at the times that these Wars start to - Arena starting at 5am in the morning for me in London means I am dead by the time I log on! - staggering dates and times might help those that sometimes have to work weekends to....

6. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

well , canadians are nothing if not polite . lol .

everyone at kano have a great CANADA DAY .

7. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Mi7ch, I won't be here from July 3 through the next Monday - so likely any change will not affect me - but at the very least, KANO should monitor when the arena's will be and if it falls on a major holiday (IE CHRISTMAS EVE) make appropriate changes for that one arena. Just a hint.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

starting a day later on july 5th then next arena a day earlier should make no differance at all to schedule

9. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

one would think that someone at Kano would look at a calendar and make the right adjustment when it comes to holidays. as far as the start times go it really doesnt matter because most of the time i have other things to do and dont have time to join anymore

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

its whatever to me, change it, leave it...it makes no difference. ill still do what i can when i can like always. lets face facts, these calendars dont make or break anyones acct, its a nice freebie when i have the time and when i dont then oh well

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This thread was started in reference to the upcoming Vikings arena on the 4th of July, not calendars... but I for one can't wait to do the 4th of July calendars, on top of arenas and wars, on 3 different games over the same weekend...

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Just to get out ahead of a potential rumor, the July Weekend Calender does not fall on July 4.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Thank the goddess, I was gonna suggest when there are holiday weekend calendars, they could be the week before or the week after the actual holiday, kinda like a belated or in anticipation of a holiday :)

14. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

lol my bad, saw the word calendar and thought this was a diff thread haha but my post is just as relevant about the arena as well ;p

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Poor babies, suck it up. This game is global so fitting in with or not fitting in with holidays would be very difficult indeed. I am UK based too (spot the clue in the avatar) and find arena times are usually a pain whenever they are. I play if I can or wake up dead if not - hey ho - that's the way it is. Anyway, only Kano know where most of their international players are from if they did choose to do any holiday weighting. I have suggested assorted ways of sharing start times in the past but nothing has ever happened to change when it is so I guess it is not important to Kano, just makes for an occasional conversation on here about it.

Demonik1 likes this.