Ambush cost explained

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by Eric, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

As you have noticed there have been some changes to Ambushes. They have been changed to remove vulnerabilities and misuse of the system. The changes are as follows:

-You cannot set an Ambush on someone who hasn't previously attacked you within the last 24 hours. Attacks are fights only, punches and hitlists are not counted.

-Ambush pricing is now based off of cashflow (income-upkeep) and strength between two players.If the player placing the Ambush is a greater level, the cost is based more on the greater of the two cashflows ( between the 2 players )

-Discounts are given if your opponent has attacked more and price is increased if you have attacked more. Attacks are battles only, punches and hitlists are not counted. Attack counts between players are reset if there is 24 hours of inactivity (no attacks). Note that the already set Ambushes themselves are never reset or removed. Price is also increased if multiple Ambushes are set on the same person.

-Ambush allocations start at 100, every 15 levels you advance that allocation drops by 1 to a minimum of 10. Eg. Level 15 you are allowed 99
    Ambushes, Level 30 allowed 98 Ambushes ...

-Base Ambush costs are capped at your opponent's bounty price (before discounts/increases).

-Successful Ambushes now count as an attack against your opponent.

We are also reviewing the Ambush achievements to accommodate these new rules.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

-Ambush costs are capped at your opponent's hitlist price.

Thanks Eric. Nice to see the changes :)

3. Its all Over

Its all Over New Member

"They have been changed to reduce the ability to take advantage of the system (came to our attention through a series of complaints)."

So who complianed and how many times?

Is that all it takes to get something changed? Well here comes my complaint(s)-
    My ambush costs are too high and costs me too much stamina!

4. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Devs can you please the theory behind this please:

Example 1:
    Person xxx: It will cost you 16,148,333,124 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush.

xxxxx has 2 attack(s) on you (In 2 hours). You have 2 attack(s) on Nino xxxx(In 2 hours).

(These are both ambushes because the person has over 1800 in their mob and I cannot attack and win, so how is this fair?)

-------------

Example 2:
    Person yyyyy: It will cost you 81,047,072,810 dollars and 2 stamina to prepare this next ambush.

yyyyyyy has 3 attack(s) on you (In 8 hours). You have 33 attack(s) on yyyyyy (In 3 days). -- all of these in ambushes - any why is it counting my ambushes for 3 days and their attacks only for 8 hours??!

(Again - I cannot win a fight with this person either, thus the ambushes)

So is the point to make us spend money to get more people in our mobs so that we don't lose to people with 1200 - 1500+ and make the ambush costs even more than the hitlist costs?

Because if that's the case then I'm very close to leaving this game, you are making it close to impossible to enjoy because I have to stay in the hospital most of the time...

Vinny

5. yeah ive had the same thing happen.its weird.

6. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Hello ... anyone ... anyone... Bueller! Bueller! ?

7. Eric

Eric Administrator

Hi Vinny, the reason for your high cost is because you have that many more attacks on your opponent then they do, and yes counter attacks count as an attack on your opponent. The reason you have an attack count over 3 days is because each attack will reset the activity timeout, which means, if you have over 24 hours of no attacks against an opponent your attack count resets.

We will be posting an update to counter attacks in the next day which will make ambushes not affect the attack timeout. Eg. You will be able to set ambushes, your attack count and price will go up but the 3 days your seeing will not happen as the ambush will not affect the timeout.

8. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Thanks Eric, I appreciate the response.

My frustration how ever still stands: Why do I have to pay a billion + to ambush someone when they can attack me for free? I don't see how that is fair...

9. james

james New Member

i wish u could check for ambushes for 1 stamina and un-ambush for another stamina.. lol

10. nicolamurrie

nicolamurrie New Member

i wish that if you ambushed someone, then need to use that ambush to use against someone else (say you have all your "allowed" ambushes in use) then you should get some of your money back that you paid to set the ambush up in the first place :0 that n the idea of "james" who said that one to set it up and one to take it back off lol

11. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

true dat

yes i agree with the counter ambush...lol

12. Ace

Ace Member

I don't agree on the suggestion of moving ambushes between players. If you place ambushes, you do it at the risk of them never being used.

13. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

the why ambushes are decreased are ok, but to only allow 10 ambushes for higher levels when somoen helsed has the abilitlite to ambush 50 or more ambushes allow the lower levels also a greateer advatage to bully on someone. especially if a syndicate declars a feud on one person, if that syndicate has five groups with 25 people each and lets say they all have the ability to set 50 ambushess each, thats 6250 ambushes against the higher level person who can only set ten ambushes between all the five groups. I knwo this might sound silly, but wheni first started as a high level, a syndicate has me involved in a feud they started and this has actually happened to me. not very fair to me, but i survived and moved on. it should be set at one certain amount of ambushes for everyone, not going up or down to make it more even, if the higher level person has ten ambushes than eveyrone should have the same amount of ambushes so the system isnt abushed by a syndicate. even tho they syndicate still has more people in their group, the one person has a better chance of defending himself against so many.

14. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

Too many people hide behide the ambushes and only come out hitlists a person and then runs back in the hospital to hide while alotof bounti hunters kill their oppenents without the oppenents even being able to attack them once. This i find very unfair, andyes it has happened to me several times, so what i do now wheni run across a player that plays that way, i use the same tactics on hem as they do on me. if they stayout and fight, i will stayout and fight them on the same grounds as they play. I foundout with the system set up now as it is, that people do take advantage of the system and use it also to target one person to allow a hughe group to attack that same person

15. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

If your talking about nimo demeo, he is one of the higher players on the game. not many players can beat him.

16. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

There is also a well known lady on this game who 's cost on her ambushes are over a trillion every day, i have not seen her costs go down at all for almost two weeks now and i attack her alot. and the funny thing about it is that her hitlists costs are alot less than her ambushes also. but perhaps not only do i attack her alot but i think so does alot of other people. what i find is hard to believe is that she can do such a thing as keeping alot of us abushed at one time as she's at the level where she can only use around 10 ambushes at a time. how she can keep more than ten people ambushed at one time while fighting a war, I dont know. Becuz of that cost, you would think that she would be drained of money shortly after the fighting begins and how so much money is replenish within a few hours also i cannot explain either but yet this player does it day in and day out.

17. geckster99

geckster99 Member

.need more ambushes ; incremently increasing not decreasing ; with syndicates being multiple you can get attacked attacked a lot by several players And have to deambush midflight sometimes - way too few ambushes